Urban Survival Seminar at Forteza Fitness!
Johnny Tsai founder/director of the renowned C.U.M.A. Survival School will be teaching a one day course at Forteza on urban survival.
What is “urban survival”? Ask yourself this short list of questions:
- What would you do if the power grid in your state went out for several weeks?
- Are you prepared to deal with the aftermath of a hurricane or earth quake situation?
- Do you have enough supplies and equipment to be able to survive for several weeks?
- How would you deal with a home invasion?
- Do you know how to evacuate your area in the case of civil unrest?
These are just some basic questions you need to have an answer for!
On our 1-day Urban Survival Training Courses, we will give you the knowledge needed to make the best of things in a disaster situation. We will teach you how to plan and prepare to deal with the problems you will face.
This class is designed to prepare you and your family to survive an urban disaster, either natural or man made. Hands-on instruction focuses on both short-term situations ranging from 24 to 72 hours as well as long-term survival resulting from a grid-down situation or pandemic. This class location contain both indoor and outdoor activities and involves lecture, small-group activities, and individual planning exercises. It is designed to take you from drafting a family or personal emergency plan to what implementation should look like and the critical survival gear needed along the way
- Survival psychology and the mindset of successful survivors
- When to stay put in your home and when to bail out
- Home food and water storage recommendations and the 5 key areas of home preparation
- Pre-disaster planning and establishing rendezvous points with family members
- Local, regional, and statewide evacuation strategies
- How to construct a personal Bail-Out Bag (BOB) for the home, office, and vehicle
- Water purification methods~ Off-grid medical issues
- Urban survivor’s first-aid kit
- Sanitation & hygiene issues
- Traps and tools for feeding yourself when the grocery shelves empty
- Communication methods and tips for getting in touch with separated family members
- Equipping your vehicle for roadside survival
Subjects covered on our Urban Survival Training Courses in ILLINOIS include:
- Disaster planning
- Emergency equipment
- Emergency food and water
- Fire lighting
- First aid
- Security and CUMA COMBATIVES
- Basic escape and evasion
If you have a survival gear bag/bug out bag, please bring it with you. Instructor Johnny Tsai will go over your gear and give you feed back.
Date: April 6th, 11 am
Cost: The fee for our 1 Day course is $150 per person at door / $120 with paid advanced registration.
To preregister, please email us at email@example.com
Space is limited so act now!